Ways to Fix Broken Eyeshadow
You’re out for the day and realize you forgot to pack your makeup bag. You find an old, broken eyeshadow in your vanity drawer and wonder if there is anything you can do with it? Luckily, there are a few things that can be done with these pieces of makeup. Below are some DIY fixes for when you forget your favorite eye shadow or mascara.
Eyeshadow is a beautiful and fun accessory to add to any makeup routine. But what do you do when the eyeshadows break and crumble during application? Here are some ideas:
- mix in a little bit of eye shadow primer,
- mix with an oil such as coconut oil or olive oil,
- remove the top layer of powder from your favorite pressed powder eye shadows,
- use Vaseline instead. These four ways will help keep your favorite eyeshadow usable for years.
There are many ways to fix broken eyeshadow. If you have a problem crumbling and breaking powder, try mixing it with some clear lip gloss or petroleum jelly. You can also use a clean mascara brush or your finger to even out the pigment in an eye shadow that has become too chunky from being swirled around in its container. Finally, sweep on some glitter over top of the shadow for a sparkling effect for a more dramatic look!
Fix broken eyeshadow without alcohol
We all know the pain of forgetting to clean our makeup brushes and then having to throw away your favorite eyeshadow because it’s broken. No worries, though! Here are ways you can fix broken eyeshadow without alcohol.
- Melt one stick of butter in a pot on medium heat for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring (with the lid off). Add 1 tsp of olive oil and mix well. Place broken pieces in a pan with melted butter mixture and stir until they’re coated. Let cool before touching or breaking up into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Put some petroleum jelly into a bowl, add small bits of eye shadow that need fixing, and use your fingers to rub together until blended thoroughly.
Repair broken eyeshadow palettes
Have you ever dropped your makeup palette? You know, the one where all the eyeshadows are smashed together in a gooey mess. We’ve all been there, and it’s not fun. But don’t worry.
There are many ways to repair broken eyeshadow palettes, but one is guaranteed the job. Mix the two colors and place them back into the container. It’s as simple as that! This method can be used with any makeup palette, so keep this in mind if you have ever faced a similar situation before.
Don’t give up on your favorite makeup product just because it’s been accidentally damaged. With these tips, you’ll be able to get back to looking fabulous in no time at all.